The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools with pupils on roll that are known to have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any time in the last six years; that are children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months; or that are children of service personnel.
Schools have the freedom to spend the Pupil Premium, which is additional to the underlying schools budget, in a way they think will best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils.
Free School Meals Eligibility
To be entitled to free school meals parents must be receiving one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax credit and the assessed family income does not exceed £16,190. Parents receiving Working Tax Credit are not entitled regardless of the level of assessed income.
- Children of Asylum Seekers who receive support from Social Services are entitled as are those children who receive Income Support in their own right.
To apply for free school meals, parents are asked to follow this link to the Warwickshire free school meals team or contact the team by calling 01926 359189.
Parents are not required to provide evidence of the benefit as checks will be made using data held by the Department for Education.